Wednesday, November 5, 2008

USA..... Not so much UA...

Yep, we finally arrived in America couple of weeks ago. We spent 5 days in Boston (... Boston in the fall is gorgeous!) visiting Will's one of the best friends Kyle who blessed us so much during that time. Then we came down to San Francisco, where we stayed at Jordan's house and they played video games all night and ate TacoBell... =) (Will really missed that one. McDonald's in Ukraine just didn't cut it for him =))) Next day ,to add to our perpetual travelling, we came down to Nipomo, Southern Cali, the town where Will's sister lives. So that's where we are staying right now, with a pitbull and a bulldog in a big nice house. The thing I can't get used to though is that you go to a grocery store once a week... because it's in a different TOWN! It's huge though, all the food choice you want, but if you forget to get meat, you'll have to go vegetarian for the next week...
On sunday we went to Calvary in Arroyo Grande (that's where Cara Denney is from), we met a lot of really awesome people, particularly the family through which Will got saved, the Shephards.
Right now I don't have much to do at home except to embroider and bake (which doesn't sound very exciting...). Will is going to start working on Monday (yeah, the whole Diablo Canyon thing didn't work... they never responded). I am waiting for my Green Card... Yeah, so there's not much going on right now, you could say =)

7 comments:

Greg and Edna Silva said...

Ira,

Thanks for the update. I have been anxiously thinking about you guys! What did you think of San Francisco? Tel Will to take you to Chilie Peppers in San Luis Obispo! It's the best!

We miss you guys!

Love,
Edna

Little Viky said...

Oh my spiritual friends! Well, you'll improve your baking skills woooooooooow! А кем Макинтош работает-то?

Ksiushka said...

Hey, Dear! Great to finally see your update here! I'm glad to hear you are doing fine and.... I already miss you, sis..
Say hi to you honeybun for me =))
Hey, I have skype account. It's ksiushka.chorna (Just in case you want to talk to an old friend of yours)
Love you...

P.S. Think about aploading some pictures on Will's picasa web album

Unknown said...

Hi, Ira,

Welcome to US. I hope you remember me from Nezhin. Email me some time so that we could connect and maybe you won't be so lonesome. My email is yaroslavag@yahoo.co.uk.

Yasya Koupal

Will and Ira said...

Thank you so much guys! I miss everybody too! We will try to get better with the pics.
Edna, we haven't seen much of San Fran, as it was raining, but we did go to one of the restaurants on the pier (fish and chips are a must =) and got some Ghirardelli chocolates... Sorry! =D By the way, we got a cell phone today, it's 1(805)550-5132. Texts are welcome anytime =)
I saw just a lil bit of San Luis today, but I already like it!

Unknown said...

Ira,

Did you move to US or are you just visiting? Sorry missed the latest news so wanted to clarify!
Anzhelika

Ira said...

Hey Anzhelika!

We have moved for couple of years to settle with a home church in order to come back on the missions field. I have heard the news about you though! Babies babies.. That's cute! I don't think you have lots of free time now but let me know if you do, it would be sweet to chat over Skype or Google Talk!