Friday, March 6, 2009

We are not dead

...just a little distracted - Will with his job (he got promoted and moved to the SLO store), I have been translating (which hasn't paid a dime yet! Ha!) and making wire jewelry in the meantime (it's in fashion now, and everyone is coming up with some new designs all the time...).

But our lives have been pretty boring lately. We finally sold our car (after 14 potential buyers and a bogus check) and got blessed with another one, a white beautiful 88 Honda Civic. Now, some of you might think that a 20 year old car can not be beautiful, well, I have something to compare it to. The car we have just sold runs in a way that you can't have coffee when driving, you will spill it everywhere trying to go with the shakes of the motor (also it's a stick, which doesn't help). You also could not have a conversation without yelling, so loud it was, and even if it had a stereo, you wouldn't hear a thing. We put $1800 into it and sold it for $400... and are glad it's off our hands. But it did get Will to and from work and everywhere he needed to go for almost 2 months.

We have been really blessed by our church in Shoreline. We met a couple that have been missionaries in Romania, and they got back almost on the same day we did! She is Romanian, and they also have been married for a year and a half! We are looking forward to hanging out with them next week.
We are also taking some biblical musicology classes (of course pastor Tonye is teaching =), and it amazes me more and more how powerful music can be. The Bible says that Satan used to be a worship leader before he rebelled against God, and it is very symbolic that worship leaders can easily fall into worshiping themselves on the stage. So taking this class for me as a worship leader (in recession) is very helpful and inspiring.

I haven't met a single Russian speaker yet (except Cara =)). I start missing Russian fellowship, even though I skype with people often. I hope God will give me some Russian speaking friends in the future.

Well, I guess that is all for now... Missing all of you people a lot...

4 comments:

Alexander Petrov said...

Glad you're alive :)
Come back, I'll speak some russian to you. I can even try to give you a sick Moscow accent :)
Miss you guys!

Let go... Let God... said...

I miss you guys. Wow, Romania??? I have been reading a book about that place... Hope all is well.

Alexander Petrov said...

Dang right, Sashko's got a Blog :)
Sashko's got too many of them. But for some reason he realy wanted to have a BlogSpot one too. & there he is! Right there! On that picture. Yeah, the camera & the dumb face. Yup.
I love you guys!

Little Viky said...

Is there anything new and good going on?