Friday, October 16, 2009

I am normal now!!

And in case you are in doubt (which you have a right to be) - I got my driver's license last Wednesday!!

I take a bus to work, which is not that horrible, except that I get to work a half hour earlier than I actually start. And when someone asks and I say that I take the bus, they look at me and ask how old I am... because since I look older than 16 (praise God!) I should be driving already. So there goes my happy Russian story...

Now the next step is to get a car. Easier said than done, but being able to navigate around by myself gives endless opportunities to random ministries, hanging out with friends - and just saving time and sanity.

Other than that, another update I guess would be Will's second job. He has been working full time for Idler's, a home appliance company, and now is also part time at Round Table Pizza in SLO. He likes it, as it gives lots of opportunities to share the Gospel. And pizza.

Oh yeah, he's also going to Europe next week! (Punk!)
One of his close friends from Bible College is getting married in Germany, and since he was going there, he thought he might as well go to Ukraine... He will be in Nezhyn from the 28th to the 1st of November, and then in Komsomolsk from the 1st to the 5th. Vova from our church in Nezhyn is also getting married, as we found out later, so it is a happy coincidence that Will is going to attend that event as well.

Our church at Morro Bay recently announced that the pastor and some of the people from the church are going to London in 6 months to plant a Calvary Chapel there. It is a big news to a lot of people at church... but that's a whole new post in itself.

8 comments:

Marina said...

some good news here! happy for your license, ira! hope you get a car soon.
so will is the lucky one to get to be in europe & ukraine, huh? you're staying, right? hope you're not too sad to stay alone.
well, good to hear from you!

Greg and Edna Silva said...

You got a license!! Yeah!! We will pray that God will provide you with a car. I know what a blessing that would be for you.

Hey, tell Will to stop by and see us in BT if he can! That would be SOO awesome!

We really miss you guys, but it was really good to "hear" from you!

Love,
Edna

Tim Emerson said...

Hi Ira. I wish you could come to Nizhyn too. It will be great to see Will, but we will miss you. Love you!

Christina

Tim Emerson said...

Hey Marina, Ukraine is in Europe too. :)

Ira said...

Christina,

I don't know why this is happening this way. I would LOVE to come... But I guess not this time.
I will try to console myself by taking random spur-of-the-moment rides... because I CAN! =D

Little Viky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Let go... Let God... said...

So glad to hear from you again! :)

Little Viky said...

Обнови блог, а? Ну пожааааалуйста!