Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Secret...

So as I was reading through, to my mind, totally genius stack of posts "Things we don't have in Ukraine" I remembered something that even to me seemed weird =)

There is a new supermarket in Nizhyn that we love since it's so close to our place. Well, there's a small bank "office" that gives loans for cars and other things. As a way to attract attention there's a car right next to the secretary table. And that's alright with me, except that Will once wondered: " How did they even get this car in here??"
And really, there are no doors or windows wide enough for a car to go through. Now our only explanation is that they built the supermarket around the car =))

PS I know that the secret is probably very simple, but this way it's more mysterious and triggers imagination =) I will try to get a picture of it later.

3 comments:

Greg and Edna Silva said...

Actually that sounds about right. I bet they did build the place around the car. If and when they decide to move the car, they'll probably widen a doorway or something. Hey at least this way they know it won't get stolen. Right?

-Greg

Ira said...

That's right, though I got another version, that sounds more realistic, but also more prosaic. One person told me that they brought in the pieces of the car first, and then put them together inside of the mall... Though I thought it takes special equipment to do that... Well if they did, I bet that car doesn't work =))

Timmy said...

there is perhaps a wide loading door in the back and the car could have been pushed in to the building? It's hard to say. or maybe they brought it in on it's side and set it to rights by the counter. maybe you could just ask the people who work there!