Friday, April 18, 2008

Lost in LOST - Part 2



I personally don't like to read books or watch movies that are sure to bring me a zero profit in a sense that they won't teach me anything (one of the reasons why I like the Bible). The same with Lost... or, well, used to be... =) I watched the 1st episode, and as I don't do very well with the sight of disfigured bodies and stuff, I swore I would not watch it anymore. But as our church is showing this serial at the English club, my husband has watched more than one episode, and he told me that gross things don't seem to come up later on. I was hesitant, but yesterday I sat down and watched.... 6 episodes in a row!!! And even if it sounds like much, we were actually surprised to find out it was already 10 30 pm!!! (yeah I need to get saved)

The movie is actually not only gripping, but rather deep, too. I thought it was a really good quote, " A leader can't lead anyone, if he doesn't know where he is going".

So, as Marina Koslow said,
HELP!!!!
=)

5 comments:

Marina said...

haha welcome to the club! i watch 2 seasons at the same time: 3rd on tv and 4th thru the net on my computer... it just gets you. in fact almost like any other tv show, just sit down, watch a half a dozen episodes and you're there. honestly, i don't like all the mystic stuff there, but the characters are good. that's why i miss my prison break.
and also a thought came to me. now half a church is watching lost but they still roll eyes that i read and watch harry potter. ridiculous, that stuff is gripping and rather deep too, the books are written in beautiful english. so go figure. we people laugh at each other for no reason too often.

Ira said...

Well, I hear that people who have watched more than just Lost, say that it's the best show so far, compared to the complicated 24, f.e. I personally think that 5 seasons for such a plot are WAY too much. Seriously, what are they gonna do there??? Play Robinsons?? Of course I have no idea of what is to come, but still the idea that the 5th season is the last is comforting. At least not the 2nd Santa Barbara. =)
About offense... I think nowadays people stick tags on whatever a little too fast, having no logical ground for it. I personally don't exclude myself from that. Unfortunately it happens to believers the most. And sometimes the accusations are true, like when one talks with the representatives of those "emergent churches" Jake was talking about...
Yeah, I can go on about that =) Just don't mind the critics!

MVision said...

Season 4 was actually really upsetting for me. When are Jack and Kate gonna figure it out? Sawyer is a big dork (he's Erik's favourite)and Hurley.. well, Hurley is sweet. I'm ready for the thing to be over.

Little Viky said...

You are definitely lost:)))

Oksanka said...

Hi, movie is fine, but we've missed one part, where someone tried to kill Charlie, but i haven't seen the one!
Haven't heard from ya for ages! Love you people!
Oksanka, Chernigov