Monday, December 8, 2008

Слава труду!!

Although I don't agree with this communist slogan ("Glory to labor"), I did gain appreciation for my job as today was my first work day. I realized that people are looked down upon when they say they work at a "hamburger joint" - and unjustly so! "Flippin burgers" is a pretty hard job, whatever they might say. Today my main job was to make french fries and onion rings, as I can't really do much of anything else yet. "Little Jocko's" has the highest hygiene standards of all other places that I know - and I'm quite relieved, as I thought I might encounter some unpleasant moments (I'm a clean freak when it comes to handling food). That's probably why today was pretty hard, as you don't only cook but you also clean the utensils, make sure that the diner is in order, the fries are hot and trays are clean....
So anyway, although I'm pretty tired today, I'm still glad God gave me this job (makes you feel like a normal person =). I'm working tomorrow, so right now I have a couple hours to relax before my hubby comes home ...

5 comments:

Anya said...

мир мал! передавай от нас привет семье. ты работаешь на них, а мы родственники, значит ты работаешь на нас ?! не.......

Unknown said...

I love onion rings!!!! They are so good!

Ira,
where does Will work?

Let go... Let God... said...

Praise the Lord!!!!! You are blessed, I tell ya! More than your mind can wrap around on how much God has blessed you throughout your life. S Bogom.

Ira said...

Anya,
the fact that my lunches are not on you makes it different. =D
Yeah Kate and Danny say hi to you guys. Today I had my first chilie dog! It was goooood.... (Sorry Jake..)

Little Viky said...

Вкусно и духовно...