Friday, December 26, 2008

U.S.A...



I now live in a country that consists of abbreviations.
Even its name can be abbreviated.

Just think...

I.O.U. (I owe you)
D.U.I (Driving under influence)
P.B.&J. (Peanut Butter and Jelly [sandwich](yes Marina!!))
A.K.A. (Also known as)
R.S.V.P. (Repondez S'il vous plait) (ok not really american but they use it!!)
C.E.O (Chief Executive Officer)
O.D. (overdose)


Not even mentioning the trivial CD, PC, LOL, ASAP and SOS.

(Ok I stole the pic from sb else's site. U can do ur search on abbr-s urself =)

8 comments:

Little Viky said...

It's horrible.

Greg and Edna Silva said...

Ira ~ That is SO true! There are so many abbreviations and everyone is just expected to know them. Good luck learning! :)

Post Script - Tell us more of your thoughts and opinions in America. We wanna hear!

Love and miss you!

Edna

P.S. - now you know what P.S. means.

Greg and Edna Silva said...

O.M.G.! Y.A.T.R., I.N.T.O.T., A.M.L.F., I.L.Y.P.I., K.T.C.,

T.T.F.N.,
G.

(Oh my gosh! You are totally right. I never thought of that. Abbreviations make life fun. I love your posts, Ira. Keep them coming.

Ta ta for now,
Greg)

See how much faster all those abbreviations make typing.

Ira said...

Ingenious, Greg!
Now it takes us 13 seconds to write a message and 45 hours to actually understand what it means!!! =)

On a serious note - what other country would have a song with an abbreviation as a chorus??? (YMCA.....YMCA....)

Little Viky said...

What does it mean?

Greg and Edna Silva said...

YMCA = Young Men's Christian Association

Vika - YCMA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YMCA) is an organizations in America but it is also a song: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YMCA_(song)

Hope this helps!

Edna

Greg and Edna Silva said...

OK Ira, I thought you'd enjoy this photo I took today on the river. Who says you can't ski in high heels? Well at least not in California.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3090/3160018366_173ebd1664_b.jpg

-Greg

MVision said...

Ira, could you e-mail me your phone # to marinapratch@gmail.com? Hope u r doing well!